This site hopes to bring together these different research communities and provide an open access forum for the sharing of ideas, dissemination of information and facilitating the work of the research community working in the area of Neuroinfections. There will be individual sites linked through the www.neuroinfectionresearch.org site.
There will be elements dedicated to specific areas including: Bacterial Meningitis, Encephalitis, Fungal Infections, Parasitic infections of the CNS, Tuberculosis, HIV and associated infections, and areas of basic science linked with these disease areas.
The site will also include a central resource of research activities that are ongoing globally, discussion blogs and open workspaces for Wiki-style sharing of research projects and ideas. There will be the possibility of access to “Closed Spaces” to allow individual working groups to share protocols or resources within their teams.
The site will be part of the www.theglobalhealthnetwork.org site and users of the site will automatically link to all the resources available through that site.
The following groups are actively linked with the initial setting up of the www.globalneuroinfections.org site
- Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam The Netherlands
- Amsterdam Institute of Global Health and Development The Netherlands
- Cysticercosis Unit, Instituto de Ciencias Neurologicas, Lima, Peru
- Hong Kong University-Pasteur Research Centre China
- Kings College London UK
- Liverpool Institute of Infection and Global Health UK
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine UK
- Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Viet Nam
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Cape Town South Africa
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
- HKU-Pasteur Research Centre